Sunday, November 27

The Museums Of Paris


Hello! As there are over a hundred museums in Paris, it’s not possible to visit them all in one trip. So in this post I narrowed it down to four of my favourite museums in the city. I hope you find this post interesting, helpful or both!






The first museum on this list is the Louvre. The Louvre is possibly the most famous museum in the world, and many of the world’s most famous art pieces are found there.


Once a palace for the King of France (until the French Revolution) it is today the national museum to display the nation’s artwork.


In the late 1900s, plans to renovate the Louvre included the addition of glass pyramids to the museum. The pyramids are now a symbol of the Louvre and are also the entryway into the Museum.


As a preview of the artwork, shown above is the “Winged Victory of Samothrace”. If sculptures aren’t your thing, the Louvre houses a huge variety of artifacts where you’ll surely find something you enjoy!



Just like the Louvre, the Musee D’ Orsay was not originally a museum. It was built at the end of the 19th century as a train station, and only became a museum in the 1980s.


Sadly when I went to Paris the museum was closed, so I don’t have any photos of the Main Hall or any of the paintings. (Tip: Be sure to check the museum’s hours of operation before you go. Many museums are closed on Mondays or Tuesdays.)


Centre Pompido (Museum of Modern Art)

A really interesting museum I visited in Paris was the Centre Pompidou, Europe’s largest Modern Art museum. Even if you’re not into Modern Art, you’ll easily find something there that interests you.



Outside of the museum is this sculpture by Alexander Calder.


Here’s a preview of the artwork you’ll find at the museum. This piece was painted by Alighiero Boetti, an Italian artist. 


La Cité des Enfants (Paris Children’s Museum)

The last museum on this list is a bit different, as it’s the Children’s Museum! This probably isn’t something that everyone would like to go to, but I definitely enjoyed it.



When I visited Paris, I was a bit younger, so we actually visited the museum for me. It was a lot more fun than I expected it to be, and my family enjoyed it as well! So, if you’re going to Paris with a kid, you should definitely check out this museum. 


The outside of the museum is really cool as well.

That brings us to the end of my post today! I had a lot of fun writing this, and I hope you enjoyed it. I am working on something super exciting related to my blog and I can’t wait to show you in a few weeks… 

Thanks for reading.


14 comments:

  1. Thanks again for posting and sharing your experiences with us Hannah. Thanks to you, I think I may encourage my kids to start a blog of their own, possibly a traveling one as well as they have traveled quite a bit thanks to our internationally spread families. You are a good writer and you relate your experiences very well. Your pictures are also a nice addition to what you share with us. Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to the next exciting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed this post. If they want help creating a site I could definitely help them.

      Delete
  2. Having just returned from London this week, you have given me a great idea to have the 13yo write up a similar type of blog. Too bad you didn't get a chance to see the Musee de'Orsay but it'll still be there when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I plan to visit next time!

      Delete
  3. Another great post, Hannah. One tip that someone gave me when I went to Paris was to book tickets to the Louvre in advance. That way you have an 'appointment' to go and you don't have to wait in line to get in. It was the best advice I got. (It is also true of museums in Florence as well). Look forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that we did that as well, and it is a really good tip :)

      Delete
  4. Stephanie28.11.16

    Great blog, Hannah! I like the layout and it's well written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job hannah :)) the pictures are really pretty and you were very expressive. ((how do you find the time to do this cough coughh) i want to go to paris as well T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana, I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  6. Great post :)
    I used to study at the library in the Pompidou's center back in High School. I also love the Musée d'Orsay, amazing arts !

    Kenza from http://travelwithkenza.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenza! It's really cool that you studied in the Pompidou centre.

      Delete
  7. Paris is such a gorgeous city - beautiful list of museums!

    ReplyDelete