Wednesday, October 12

Palm Springs, California



Hello! I visited Palm Springs last weekend, so today I’ll be writing about my time there. I’ll be including some of my favorite sites that I visited there, including the Aerial Tramway, Air Museum, and Walk of Stars. I hope you enjoy!





On our way to Palm Springs, we passed by the famous wind turbines outside the city. Did you know that there are more than 4,000 turbines in the entire farm?


Another thing on the way to Palm Springs are the dinosaurs. They were originally created by Claude Bell to bring customers to his restaurant, but since then they have become a tourist attraction to road trippers in California.


If you’re looking for a nice place to stay in Palm Springs, I’d definitely recommend this AirBnb we stayed in! It’s in a great location (only two blocks from the main street), and it has a beautiful outdoor area.


My favorite place to shop in Palm Springs is Palm Canyon Drive, which is also part of the Palm Springs Walk Of Stars. There are a variety of things to buy and places to eat on the street, which is why so many people love to shop there.


 Our second day there, we visited the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. The tramway is a way to get to the Mt. San Jacinto Park, over 8,000 ft. up from the Coachella Valley. Here’s a photo of the original tramcar, from the 1960s. 


During the 10 minutes that it takes to get to the top, you get beautiful views of the mountains. This photo was one of my favorites because it shows the details of the rocks.


Here’s the view from the top of the mountain. The view includes the Chino Canyon, and Palm Springs. In the distance, you can even see the huge wind turbine farm! 


A great place for hiking and camping is the Mt. San Jacinto State Park. It’s easily accessible from the top of the tram car center, and is a great place to visit.


Overall, I think that visiting the tramway was my favorite thing I did in Palm Springs. It was a lot of fun going up (and down!) on the tram cars, and of course the views at the top were breathtaking.


A fun thing to do in Palm Springs is to drive by some of the amazing architecture found in the city. Shown above is the Kauffman house, a significant symbol of the time it was built (1940s).


The last place we visited was the Palm Springs Air Museum, the #1 Air Museum in California. I’m not a huge fan of airplanes, but I found this museum really interesting and a lot of fun to explore.


There were tons of different planes at the museum, and they were used for different things. To check out all of the aircraft currently there, click this link.


I definitely recommend visiting the Palm Springs Air Museum. Unlike most museums, you are encouraged to explore and go inside many of the planes.

So that’s it for my Palm Springs post! Hopefully this was helpful to anyone planning to visit Palm Springs, or interesting to some of you. Leave a comment below on which place you’d most like to visit in Palm Springs.

Thanks for reading.

-Hannah

Links: Bloglovin | Instagram |

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12.10.16

    More great pictures! I enjoyed the tram and air museum too, I'd love to spend more time hiking the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, hiking would've been a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12.10.16

    Great Blog Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12.10.16

    Palm Springs looks beautiful. Was the tramway ride scary? It looks awfully high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was a bit scary when it swayed, but overall it was really cool.

      Delete
  4. The pictures were so amazing I really liked the giant dinosaurs!! Haha I would love to take a ride in the tramway the views look beautiful! Great post!

    ReplyDelete