Sunday, September 4

Venice, Italy



Hello everyone! Today I will be touring the beautiful city of Venice. It is in northeastern Italy, and is built entirely on water. The charming city is known for it’s famous gondola rides. Consente di iniziare il nester tour di Venezia!





The best way to experience Venice is on the water, whether you decide on a boat cruise, a water taxi, or a gondola. There are so many beautiful, vibrant buildings on the water, and you just can’t miss them!


Rialto Bridge, also known as the Ponte di Rialto, is the oldest bridge crossing the Grand Canal. The 16th century bridge is stunning, and is a must-see if you visit Venice.


Here’s a closer view of one of the gondolas. My personal favorite thing my family did in Venice was go on a gondola ride. It really is a one in a lifetime experience! 


Another one of my favorite things to do in Venice was walk across some of the bridges and look out at the passing boats. Each bridge has a different view, and each one is beautiful!


One of the best (and prettiest!) hotels in Venice is the Hotel Regina, also known as the Westin Europa and Regina.  It is made of five 18th and 19th century palaces, and is located on the Grand Canal. You can book a room at the hotel here.


Piazza San Marco, also known as St. Mark’s square, is the only square in Venice. The city’s center is surrounded by St. Mark’s Basilica, the basilica’s campanile, and the Doge’s Palace.


Not only is the square full of people, but it is also full of pigeons! Sadly, the birds have caused so much damage to the surrounding  buildings, so it is now forbidden to feed the pigeons.


Here is a view of St. Mark’s Basilica from the water. The church is almost 1000 years old, and it is still as beautiful as it was when it was first built!


Venice was one of my favorite cities I visited in Italy. I would definitely recommend visiting if you ever get the chance.

Thank you for reading my post today. Sorry I didn’t post last week, hopefully this makes up for it. Be sure to leave a comment on your thoughts on Venice!

-Hannah

disclaimer: all photos in this post were taken by me, so please credit me if you decide to repost them.

Links: Instagram | Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4.9.16

    What a beautiful city. Did you get to stay at the Regina? Did you get to try the gelato ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to stay at the Regina, but I did get to visit. Yes, it was amazing! I probably had three each day. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4.9.16

    Wow, how does that place not sink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it is sinking by 2 millimeters each year. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up over time.

      Delete
  3. Homer5.9.16

    Venice is one of those cities that should be on everyone's must-visit list! I went once and the Rialto bridge was sooooo busy, you could hardly move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment.

    Wow, I would love to go to Italy someday. After reading your post, it sounds like Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Thank you for checking out my blog! I'm glad you enjoyed my post.

      Delete