Sunday, August 21

Bath, England



One of my favorite places I visited this summer was Bath, England. I can not wait to show you some of the photos I took there, so let's get into the post!





My family and I stayed at the George Inn just outside of Bath. If you'd like to stay there, you can check out their website here. The Inn is over 700 years old, and staying there is almost like going back in time. For a 360 view of the tour, click here.


When I say this is the view from the parking lot, I’m not kidding! It overlooks the beautiful countryside and this medieval church. 


We started our day by visiting the Roman Baths. 


Just outside of the entrance to the baths is this church called the Bath Abbey. It was built in the 7th century, over 1000 years ago.


On the top level of the main bath, there were a few statues. Although they’re not original, I still thought that they were pretty cool.


Here is the main bathhouse, where people bathed thousands of years ago. If you look closely, you can see steam rising from the water.


One of the other baths at the site is actually a hot spring. If you want to learn more about the science of the hot spring, click here


Here is a better view of the effect from the hot spring. Little bubbles pop up from the bottom of the baths, and steam rises from the water.


After spending some time at the Roman Baths, we explored around the rest of Bath. Most of the buildings in Bath, including the one shown above, are made from Bath Stone, found only in the county of Somerset. 


For lunch, we went to a Georgian tea room, specifically known as the Hands Georgian Tea Room. There, I had this delicious raspberry and brie sandwich.


Above is the famous Pulteney Bridge, that crosses the River Avon in bath. The bridge is almost 250 years old, and it is a symbol of Bath.


The Pulteney Bridge is a World Heritage Site, and it is one of four bridges in the whole world to have shops across both sides.


Here is a view of the shops on the bridge. There are a lot of cute cafes and little stores that I loved shopping in.

I think that’s it for my day in Bath. Please comment your thoughts on this new series and if you’d like me to continue it!
Thank you for reading this post, see you next time.


-Hannah

disclaimer: all photos in this post were taken by me, so please credit me if you decided to repost them.

Links: Instagram | Bloglovin

24 comments:

  1. Homer21.8.16

    I went to Bath about 20 years ago so these photos bring back a lot of memories! I would like to stay at the George Inn. Can you provide a link to the hotel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'll add it to this post right now. I think that you'll love staying there!

      Delete
  2. I love the photos you included, especially the 360. I felt like I was there. I like how you included the history of the architecture. It really makes you appreciate the ingenuity the people had in such primitive times. You are on your way to becoming a great travel writer, a dream job in my opinion. Thanks!

    P.S. I may have published this twice. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you are enjoying my blog, it really means a lot to me. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Hannah, I absolutely love the way you've put this blog together! The interactive component like the 360 images and the links to background info are fantastic! Your photographs are so crisp and evoke the Vibe of this historic town. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might be posting about Laguna Beach soon...

      Delete
  4. Fabulous tour of Bath, Hannah! I felt like I was right back there with you. I never did get to see that bridge, though, and now I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you ever go back, you have to visit the bridge. It's really beautiful!

      Delete
  5. Alison21.8.16

    What a fantastic tour! Not only are you tech savvy, but I love your photography skills. You have an eye for composition. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Photography is one of my favorite hobbies.

      Delete
  6. What an amazing blog! My daughter dreams of going to England to one day so she loved seeing your pictures and posts. Thank you for sharing your beautiful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure that your family would love England.

      Delete
  7. I recently read the Romans had to scrape off the water scum after visiting a public bath. Yuck. It is amazing the Roman features of this town still exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty gross! Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous21.8.16

    What a beautiful town. Did you get a chance to see the Jane Austen museum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did! I would've included it in this post but I didn't take any photos at the museum.

      Delete
  9. Pelia22.8.16

    Hi Hannah, I learned so much about Bath and now I want to go see it! I enjoyed reading this post very much. Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this post! Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  10. Please do! I've never been to California. It seems like a a beautiful and fun place to visit. Laguna Beach sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make sure to work on it :)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful blog! I lived in Bath for a semester in university and it is still one of my favourite places. I hope to go back some day soon, especially since you sparked my interest again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10.9.16

    Hannah, I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE the new look of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete